Friday, January 17, 2014

When sleeping dogs won't lie...

Honestly.

This damn dog. Sleeping peacefully now...



Wasn't so serene at 2:20 this morning. Or 3. Or at 4:20.

He finally wore me down sometime after 4:30.

I don't know if it's the diet change, or the fact that we've been busier lately, or if he's just decided that snuggled up by himself on the couch with me is the place to be. I don't know. But who could say no to this face?


Actually, me. I can. It's the non-stop licking, mouthing and jumping on my face that I can't say no to.

All I know is I will need extra coffee, and it's going to be a long day.

Speaking of diet change, we made a pretty swift jump from Bravo to half turkey thighs, beef hearts, and beef kidneys. He's been getting about 2/3 homemade, and a few ounces of Bravo.

However, he's a wild child lately; he's taking FOREVER to decide to poop in the mornings or evenings. And he seems more interested in the other dogs' poop lately.

I'm hoping this is a combination of our busy schedule, less filler (so less voluminous and less frequent poop), and a slightly too swift transition. I'm going to back up and move a bit slower. Plus, I have 30lbs of pork hearts to contend with this weekend, 10lbs of pork liver, some beef liver... A whole lot.

On top of all this, we've put Luna on a chicken-less diet, as well, to see if her allergies ease up. She was on the lamb Taste of the Wild as a puppy, but has had chicken in her diet ever since. Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment