Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Zombie Wednesday

And I will be its mascot.

He was doing so well. I think Andre even let me sleep past 6  Monday morning.

I had scaled back is homemade food-- 6oz/ Bravo and 4oz/ homemade and we added kefir back in on Friday. He was getting much better and letting me sleep later and later. I increased the homemade portion of his meals yesterday by one ounce. ONE OUNCE. Surely that's not the cause of him waking me up every 15-30 minutes starting at around 1:45, after a midnight potty break. Surely that's not it... Right? Ugh. He got play time yesterday. He was crated for a while, but this has never been an issue.

I can only see two ways that the food change might be the cause. One is that it's upsetting his stomach and it's making him antsy. That's not unheard of for him.

The other reason might be the fact that my homemade blend is basically very, very low carb. I add a spoon of pumpkin but that's it. Bravo has quite a bit of veggies. Perhaps he will need less of the homemade once he's totally transitioned. Too much energy from too much food? Is that crazy?

I'm gonna power through. Keep trying the homemade at 5 ounces. Maybe reduce the amount of Bravo so he's getting fewer calories overall.

Lord I'm tired. It's gonna be another loooong day.



No comments:

Post a Comment